Nougat marzipan mousse
1. Place the gelatine in cold water and allow to soften for about 10 minutes. Pre-chill the serving glasses in the fridge.
2. Pour the milk and half of the cream into a pan and bring to the boil. Split the vanilla pod lengthways and scrape out the seeds. Add the seeds and vanilla pod to the pan and allow the flavours to mingle for around 10 minutes over a low heat. Remove the vanilla pod and stir in the sugar. Squeeze the gelatine and dissolve it in the hot creamy milk (do not allow to boil!)
3. Pour half of the creamy mixture into a mixing bowl and melt the dark nougat in it, then chill the mixture. Chop the marzipan paste into cubes and add them to the remaining hot creamy milk. Blend with a hand blender until the mixture is completely smooth and chill.
4. Stir both mixtures occasionally while they are chilling. Whip the remaining cream into stiff peaks. As soon as the mixtures begin to set, fold in half of the whipped cream into each.
5. Distribute the white mousse between the serving glasses. Add the dark mousse on top and use a fork to create a marbled effect. Chill the glasses for at least 6 hours.
6. Peel the mango, remove the stone and cube the flesh. Mix with lemon juice, brown sugar and mint leaves. Serve the mousses with the mango mixture on top.
Ingredients (makes 4 x 300 ml portions):
• 4 leaves of white gelatine
• 400 ml milk
• 400 ml cream
• 1 vanilla pod
• 40 g sugar
• 100 g Niederegger nut nougat
• 100 g Niederegger baking marzipan
• 1 ripe mango (400 g)
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp brown sugar
• 10 mint leaves