Johann Georg Niederegger, confectioner, born in 1777 in Ulm, bought Maret Confectioners in Lübeck.
Johann Georg Niederegger purchased the building in Breiten Straße, opposite the Town Hall steps. He was more successful than his competitors and became a member of Lübecks Guild of Merchants.
Niederegger was considered to be the leader of Lübecks confectioners.
1856 Johann Georg Niederegger gloriously celebrated the companys 50th anniversary. Half a year later, the companys hard-working founder died. His son-in-law, Karl Georg Barth (1804 - 1884), took over the business. At that time, the House of Niederegger was already delivering goods to the Russian tsar - every export case bore the initials of the companys founder: J.G.N.
Johann Georg Niederegger is able to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the company in style. Six months later, the vibrant founder of the firm dies; he is succeeded by his son-in-law, Karl Georg Barth (1804 – 1884). Niederegger is by now supplying the Russian tsar’s court – every export crate bears the initials of the company’s founder: J.G.N.
Wilhelm Köpff (1838 - 1895), originally from Ulm, took over the management of the company. By introducing the mechanical production of marzipan, and as a result of his travels, he increased sales.
The building in Breiten Straße was renovated. Nine years later, the adjoining building in Hüxstraße became part of the Niederegger premises, whereby the confectionery with café and reading room was created.
Niedereggers Lübeck Marzipan was awarded a prize at the Worlds Fair in Vienna.
Köpffs son, Johann Georg Leonard (1865 - 1931), led the company. He extended the café to its current size by converting the first floor of the building. Niederegger marzipan was awarded several prizes and medals for its extraordinarily high quality standards.
Niederegger was appointed purveyor to the German emperor.
Carl Arthur Strait (1884 - 1960), Leonhards Danish son-in-law, took over the management of Niederegger. Professor Mahlau created the "corporate design" which is still in place today, including the company logo and the Lübeck landmarks in white, red and gold.
A modern marzipan factory was built in Ziethenstraße. To an ever increasing extent, machines facilitated the paste production and the moulding process.
The café was destroyed by bombing and the companys archives went up in flames.
Straits sons, Jürgen (1921 - 1963) and Henning (born 1926), became joint shareholders.
A new café was constructed on the same site.
Another three-storey factory building was constructed in Ziethenstraße. Sales representatives and importers strengthened sales.
The construction of a new marzipan factory commenced in Zeißstraße, which has been continuously expanded over the last few decades.
Holger Strait (born 1949) and his wife Angelika took over the leadership of the company when Holgers uncle stepped down from his management position. They invested in the production plant, in optimal storage and in modern communication facilities in order to lead the company safely into the new millennium.
The Marzipan Salon was opened in the original main location in Breiten Straße.
The factory shop in Zeißstrasse is opened.
Niederegger celebrated its 200th anniversary.
Marzipan with love. Since 1806.
The arcade café is opened opposite our company headquarters in Breite Straße.